These baskets y’all. They get bigger and bigger, more and more beautiful. This week we’re entering that stage of summer that is just full-on bounty, all the time, in your face. No complaints here, but much cooking to be done.
In the basket:
Siberian frills kale
golden beets with greens
variety of summer squash
1. Kale & beet green pesto- either for pizzas or the freezer or maybe both. Time will tell.
2. Confit leeks to swirl around in spaghetti and top with crispy breadcrumbs and chives!
3. Cucumber, nasturtium, sprouts and chives salad on top of a very generous serving of homemade ricotta, drizzled with reserved leek oil and scooped up with hunks of bread
4. Grilled chicken thighs with grilled wedge salads topped with homemade ranch and quick pickled squash
5. Lettuce salad with mole vinaigrette, roasted beets, toasted sesame seeds and green onions // served with creamy scrambled eggs