So sorry this post is going up a little late! You know how when you move into a new place you’re so content with it’s newness that you don’t feel obligated to decorate and then all of a sudden it’s Springtime and your friends are coming over for dinner and you feel like you have to make every room in your house and also your yard look like a photo from a magazine? YEAH, that’s kind of how my week went. But I’m grateful for all of it- for a place to call home and the process of expressing myself through monochrome apricot paint, lamb head planters and deep green velvet fabric. Now let’s talk about some vegetables.
I ended up taking two peck shares this week, which was great because I had quite a few people over for a housewarming party and we ended up making more than one pizza per person. Actually, Eivind made so much pizza dough that we’ll still be eating pizza by the time I pick up my next share! If that’s not winning I don’t know what is.
In the baskets:
1. Miso congee with stir fried sesame cabbage and boiled eggs
2. Falafel with roasted turnips blended into the dough and radish tzatziki
3. Tartines with vegan cream cheese, sprouts and radishes
4. Kale salad with tahini dressing, almonds and cherries- maybe some Short Mountain Cultures tempeh too!
5. A whole pitcher of Moroccan mint tea!!!!!! On my new patio!!!!!
6. Many pizzas: one with garlic scapes and red sauce, one with kale and almond pesto, one topped with a Greek-ish salad + lettuce, pickled radishes and carrots from last week, pepperoncini, olives and feta, AND one topped with red sauce + the collards braised with beef bacon. For more details about how I make pizza, red sauce, or prep for a big pizza party join the private community page of my website! Click here to learn how.